Field Training Exercise – 04-06 Oct 2019
Reminder to all cadets who submitted permission forms that our fall field training exercise is this weekend!
All of the timings, what to pack, etc. are located on the permission form here. Here are a few key things to remember, especially if this is your first FTX:
- Bring your health card.
- Bring lots of light layers.
- Bring a warm jacket – it gets quite cool in the evenings.
- Rain gear is an absolute essential item – cadets will not be permitted to board the bus without rain gear! For example, a rain poncho, or rain jacket and pants.
- Socks – you can never have too many pairs. If your feet get cold and wet, you will feel cold and wet all over. A change into clean, dry socks can make all the difference in your comfort.
- If your kit bag is not waterproof, pack your things into a garbage bag first. It will ensure your items stay dry and is a cheap way to waterproof!
- Do not bring your high-end clothing/shoes. They will get dirty and we’re not putting on a fashion show.
- Eat a full dinner Friday night as we will not be providing any rations on Friday.
- Bring a reusable water bottle. There is running water on site but we will not be providing water bottles.
INSTRUCTORS: Check the training schedule here to see what you’re instructing and come prepared. We will bring all the usual supplies but if you need something outside of our typical gear, email the squadron ASAP and we will try to arrange to get it.
We look forward to seeing everyone Friday evening! Questions can be submitted through your chain of command or via the contact form on the website.