Please take note: The Air Cadet League, Ontario Provincial Committee (OPC) has confirmed a subsequent delay for the 2020 Cash, Flight and Cars Lottery draw; the draw will now take place on July 16, 2020.
Please read through the entire message below from the Commander of the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers. Unfortunately, the training year has been cancelled, including summer training due to COVID-19. The below should answer the bulk of your questions but should you have further questions, please let us know through the Contact Us section or through your chain of command.
Sent on behalf of BGen D.B. Cochrane, Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp
SPRING AND SUMMER 2020 ACTIVITIES CANCELLATION
Refs: A. CATO 14-06, Training or Recreational and Educational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 008/20
E. CANCDTGEN 010/20
F. CANCDTGEN 011/20
G. CANCDTGEN 012/20
H. CANCDTGEN 14/20
1. In addition to direction delivered at refs D to H, Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp has made the decision to cancel all in-person activities related to the Cadet and JCR programs through to 31 Aug 20. This includes, but is not limited to local training, corps and squadron trips, cadet summer training and activities, in-person training for Cadet Instructors Cadre officers, and, in coordination with the Canadian Army, the JCR enhanced training sessions.
2. Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers will not be penalized for missing the remainder of the 2019-2020 training year, and will be credited as having this year’s training completed.
3. Our goal over the coming months is to focus and remain connected with the cadets. Staff at the corps/squadron level will be seeking, where possible, innovative and meaningful ways to connect with cadets virtually. We will seek to explore options for new experiences online and looking for alternatives to in-person training activities. Maintaining the link with our cadets and staff is a priority.
4. For the summer, the Natl CJCR Sp Gp staff will begin planning to explore innovative ways to take advantage of this pause in training to implement new and exciting solutions for our program. You can expect to hear more about this in the weeks to come as we will be looking at options for alternative employment opportunities.
5. The decision to cancel activities ensures the safety and security of everyone who participates in our programs and will ensure that the Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers, like the Canadian Armed Forces, do not become a vector to spread COVID-19. It will also ensure that valuable resources, from medical support to facilities, can be made available to the CAF to assist Canadians when they need it the most.
6. This was not an easy decision, nor was it made in isolation. The Command Team of the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group have consulted with many advisors and stakeholders, and have been closely monitoring the actions of like-minded youth organizations.
7. We understand many will be disappointed with this news. However, the strength and resilience of the men and women who not only support and lead this program, but also participate in it will prevail. This is our role to play in demonstrating leadership and citizenship in the face of adversity. Canada’s Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers are all up for the challenge.
8. The Natl CJCR Sp Gp continues to collaborate with the Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and further decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
9. Additional details related to the impact of this decision and way forward will be communicated to all in the weeks ahead.
10. All available and updated information for the Natl CJCR Sp Gp response to COVID-19 can be found on the CCO net at: http://collaboration.cco.nat/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx.
Please take a moment to read this letter from our region Commanding Officer in response to decisions made surrounding cadet activities and COVID-19.
Further to our last update, the decision has been made to cancel all cadet activities until at least 30 April 2020. The staff continues to plan and reschedule activities so that we are ready for when we return. As of right now, summer training has not been cancelled, with the exception of the International Air Cadet Exchange Course.
We know that these are challenging times and we do not want you to worry about passing your levels or missed work. At this time, there will be no mandated training happening remotely but if you have any ideas for fun challenges (fitness, aviation-related, etc.) to stay engaged with one another, we’d love to hear from you! Or if we have any social media champions who would like to curate or create some posts for us, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay safe, stay active, and we cannot wait to see you all soon!
In response to developments in the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Natl CJCR Sp Gp has CANCELLED ALL CADET ACTIVITIES, including local training, for three weeks effective immediately. Prior to Friday, April 03, 2020, further direction will be provided, including the potential for this cancellation to be extended.
We will continue to share updates as they become available.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak the Canadian Armed Forces has cancelled all non-operational travel internationally including any out of country cadet trips. Currently there are no impacts to our Squadron operations and activities. The Canadian Armed Forces will continue to closely and proactively monitor the developing situation and will take additional precautions as warranted to keep our cadets and adult staff safe.
Major H. Post, CD
NOTE: This is NOT a cadet activity. Those wishing to participate must follow the instructions below. We are simply sharing the information as a courtesy to those needing volunteer hours.
Brampton Track Club is hosting Athletics Ontario U14, U16. U18 Track and Field Championships.
July 10, 11 and 12, 2020 at Brampton Track in Chinguacousy Park in Brampton, Ontario. Located at the corner of Queen Street East and Bramalea Road.
They are looking for volunteers to help make this a great Track Meet, if you are willing to help out please email email@example.com or phone 416-838-0511. She will be hosting a compulsory Volunteer Registration July 9 from 3-5 to be selected at the Track Club in Chinguacousy Park July 9, 2020.
Those needing community hours will be totaled and given to you at the end of the games.
National course interviews will be conducted over a 2 day period of Feb 1 and 2, 2020. Exact date and time for each cadet will be communicated NLT Jan 24, 2020, as we receive it. Cadets should expect to be available for either day as we are unable to choose which date you are scheduled.
To all cadets writing the glider and power exams, please read the below carefully:
Date: January 11, 2020
Weather Date (if exam gets postponed due to weather): January 12, 2020 (same details)
Time: 1300hrs 1530hrs (cadets are to arrive 15-20 minutes prior)
Location: Croil Hall Building A142, 264 Lundy Lane, Canadian Forces Base Borden, Ontario
Dress: C3 Service Dress
Transportation: Cadets are to arrange their own transportation to and from the exam. We recommend carpooling, where possible.
Items that are permitted in the examination room:
2. Scrap paper
3. Flight computers (cadets may bring their own – no electronic calculators or flight computers allowed)
1. Identification: cadets must present photographic identification as part of the intake process (Provincial Health Card satisfies this requirement);
2. Flight Computers: The flight computer does not have to be an E6-B; it can be a Jepsen-Saunders or other mechanical type, just not electronic.
Good luck to all those writing!